Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Organization, Weddings, and Tenants

So these past few weeks have been pretty busy for me, and I haven't been as consistent as I should be with my new FlyLady thing that I'm trying to do.  Snow White (the Handsome Boy's little sister) got married three days ago and I had to do a bunch of stuff for that, so consequently my sink did not remain quite as polished as it should have been.  Add to that the fact that the Handsome Boy got *incredibly* sick last week, and it didn't make such a great mixture for my new found desire for cleanliness and organization.  But I continue to persevere.  For example:  Normally I wait to do our dinner dishes until the next morning because we eat late (very late) in the evening, and like to go straight to bed afterward.  But three nights this past week I have stopped to do the dishes before going to bed.  The nice part has been waking up in the morning and not having any dishes on the counter or in the sink to look at or worry about.  That takes away a lot of my stress.  I will admit, last night I slipped and didn't do the dishes, but the Handsome Boy was really tired and wanted me to come cuddle him.  What can I say...  You win some, you lose some I guess.

The Handsome Boy's brother, formerly known as the "Stinky Boy", can no longer be called that.  He is officially in boot camp and shall now be known hence forth as the "Marine".  His wife "Shasti", has moved back in with her family for the few months that he will be gone, which meant that we had our house back for TWO WHOLE DAYS!!!  It was awesome.  But all good things must come to an end, and the spare room is now being inhabited by Snow White and her Husband (I don't have a name for him yet) for a few weeks or so until the loan for the place they want to buy gets approved.  So no more peace and serenity, we have another newly wed couple living with us.  Which is fine I don't mind at all, Snow White's husband also knows how to remodel houses, so we can get him to help us out with things that the Marine couldn't do.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that he is planning on finishing off their bedroom.  That will be nice! :-) 

Snow White's wedding was BEAUTIFUL.  She looked great, the reception was great, and the best part of all is the cloak that I made for her was AWESOME.  So cool in fact that I want to make one for myself, just so I can say that I have one.  Surprisingly it only took me a month to make, but that is because I wasn't able to work on it all the time.  I even took a break for a week because I didn't want to get carpal tunnel, and I still had it done in time.  And it looked great on her.  Since I don't have a picture, imagine this:  A beautiful bride in a gorgeous mermaid cut dress, surrounded by a snowy landscape.  To keep her warm she wears a thick white cloak edged with a blue fur trim.  And it is not just any cloak with a fur trim, it is a cloak with a hood.  Oh yeah.  Might I mention that it was a hood that the maker of the cloak had to totally change two or three times because the pattern was messed up.  I am just that good.  It was amazing.  Sorry, I have to brag about it a little bit, because it is probably the most famous piece that I will ever make.  It will be not only in the Bride's wedding pictures, but on various people's websites too.  What can I say?  As soon as the pictures get developed and put on a CD I will post some for you all, because they are pretty epic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment